Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fav. Album

Write a small review of your favorite album, detailing what makes this specific work stand out.





I'm not going to lie, choosing a favorite album was not an easy task for me. I thought of countless favorite songs and favorite singers, but not one specific album came to mind. Before this, I never thought of my favorite album, so I went through all of my CD's to find one I really liked. I came across a CD that my best friend, Raven, burned for me about a year ago. It was "The Secret Life Of..." by The Veronicas. I listened to it again, and I instantly remembered why I wanted a copy of this album. The Veronicas are Jess and Lisa Origliasso, 20-year-old identical twins from Brisbane, Australia. Their songs contain situations which relates to most girls and makes you want to keep pressing repeat. "Everything I'm Not" is one of my favorites which talks about "the other woman"....
"I was losing myself to somebody else
But now I see
I don't wanna pretend
So this is the end of you and me
Cause the girl that you want
She was tearing us apart
Cause she's everything
Everything I'm not".

"When It All Falls Apart" is about a failed relationship and it's a track that standouts to me becauses the two voices of the twins alternate lines in the verses and combine together in the chorus which sounds great. Another one of my favorites is "Heavily Broken".


I also like "Speechless", which is a beautiful ballad and a great love song...
"I thought I could resist you
I thought that I was strong
Somehow you were different from what I've known
I didn't see you coming
You took me by surprise and
You stole my heart before I could say no
Falling head over heels
Thought I knew how it feels
But with you it's like the first day of my life
You leave me speechless
When you talk to me
You leave me breathless
The way you look at me
You manage to disarm me
My soul is shining through
I can't help but surrender
My everything to you"


This album has something for everyone and I'm glad I was introduced to it. The album goes through many different types of relationships. In "Mouth Shut" she is ending the relationship and "Secret" describes a stalking/obsession from a friend. I love this album because each song is unique. It has upbeat tracks as well as slow songs which balances out the album making it a great listen.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never listen to the Veronicas before. At least I don't think I have. I have to go look that up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell yes! they're da bomb!! u go girl!

    ReplyDelete