Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Think I'll Keep My Vote

If offered, would you trade your right to vote in both state and federal elections for a flat screen TV of your choice? By accepting you may never whine about or critique any aspects of American politics--for the rest of your life. Give the reasoning for your choice.



This is a really easy question. I would never give up my right to vote for a flat screen TV. My voice is more important to me than some silly flat screen that can be bought at anytime. Having this right taken away from me will be like losing a precious part of me that can never be replaced. My right to vote can help me express my opinions through various elections. This past presidential election was a special one for me because I have never been so passionate about voting and to lose that would be awful. It was my first time at the voting polls and it was a meaningful experience that I will never forget. In my opinion, TV nowadays lacks in interest to me and is pointless to watch. It doesn't compare to having the ability to voice your opinion and maybe somehow influence others. Every vote counts and I want to keep mine.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! very good.
    and who needs a flat screen tv anyway.
    I wish I have voted this year... *sigh*
    I'll get it right next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose the tv...
    who can resist high def tv?! you can see the sweat drippin off LeBron's sexy back!

    ReplyDelete